RENTARED.ca is Toronto's premier indie RED Scarlet Rental Service
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We provide a full suite of ready-to-shoot RED Scarlet camera rental and production services for Toronto's indie community projects at unbeatable value!
Feature Films, Music Videos, Commercial Productions & Corporate Productions
- Affordable Scarlet rental for your music-video?
- Fully decked kit for your indie-film?
- Seasoned Cinematographer?
- Reliable Camera-Op or AC?
- Great Colorist or DIT?
With our affordable packages and amazing service the value is second to none!
WHY RENT OUR RED SCARLET?
- The Mysterium-X sensor, which is the same sensor used in the Scarlet has been used to shoot countless hollywood blockbuster features and commercials.
- 4K is the future! Not only does 4K capture 4x the data of HD(1080p), it's sharper, richer and future proof! By the end of 2013 4K Televisions sets will hit the market
- REDCODE RAW and RED COLORSCIENCE capture amazing color fidelity, allowing you an incredible amount of room for color correction and post all while keeping your file sizes low!
- Smart EF mount Want to use your Canon L Glass? No problem! Want to stet it up and switch to PL Glass, the mounts are interchangable.
- Image is identical to the RED Epic but at a more affordable price. At 4K the image is indistinguishable and at 3K the Scarlet-X does 48fps of slow motion. Not too shabby!
14 MEGAPIXEL Mysterium-X Sensor
13.5 Stops 18 Stops /w HDRX 6fps
Equivilant to S35 Motion (APS-H) Still
24fps at 4K, 48fps at 3k and 60 at 2k
HD-SDI, HDMI /w guides
REDMAG side SSD module
AL Canon EF (PL Mount optional)
16Bit RAW proessing 18:1 - 6:1 compression
FULL SPECS REFERENCE SHEET USER MANUAL
REDCODE RAW files work as a non-destructive medium, allowing you to push the limits of your image without compromising initial quality. Image metadata can be easily adjusted, manipulated, and reset back to default settings – all without jeopardizing the integrity of your image.
In REDCINE-X PRO, you create the look you want and export it to your RED camera or create your look in the camera and transfer to REDCINE-X PRO. REDCODE RAW – the .R3D format – allows you to manipulate all the metadata of your images to find your perfect look.
RED prides itself on future-proof innovation and .R3D files are no exception to the rule. When RED color and gamma science improves, your library of .R3Ds improves along with it. Unlike any other format in history, your .R3D images get better over time.
(taken from RED.com)
PLEASE NOTE: Our Technician may accompany the gear based on our discretion, in order to serve as an additional Insurance Policy.
$750 /day or $3500 /week
- Manfrotto 4 Section Carbon Tripod + Cartoni HD Focus Fluid Head
- Cinevate Atlas 30 47" Slider /w All Terrain Legs
- 2x IKAN ID1000 + 1x IKAN ID500 5600k Dimmable LEDs + Stands
- 2x ASARRI 1000w + 1x 650W Dimmable Tungsten Fresnels + Stands
- Adjustable polarizing, BlackPromist, Ultracon Filters + CTB/CTO Gels
- Rode VideoMic Pro + 8" Adjustbale Arm
+ ALL ITEMS FROM PRO & INDIE PACKAGE
$450 /day or $2500 /week
- Viewfactor FMJ Cage system + Front Rods
- Oconnor O-box (Mattebox) /w 2 Filter trays + NunsNickers
- Shoot35 PRO FollowFocus
- Wooden Camera Top Leather Handle
- 2x SmallHD Batteries + charger (6-8h runtime)
- SET of Canon L Pimes 14f2.8, 35f1.4, 50f1.2
+ ALL ITEMS FROM INDIE PACKAGE
$350 or $2000 /week
- RED Scarlet-X with Aluminum EF Mount
- Side SSD Module, DSMC Side Handle, AC Charger
- SMALLHD DP6 PRO HD-SDI Monitor /w Ptap Cable & SDI-Cable
- 1x 256GB REDMAG SSD + USB3/FIREWIRE800 Redmag Reader
- 4x 160W VMOUNT Batteries ~10-12h runtime
- Tokina 11-16f2.8 & Canon 17-55f2.8 IS USM
PLEASE ADD 13% HST ON ALL RENTALS / 1 DAY = 10 HOURS, ADDITIONAL HOURS WILL BE BILLED AT $30/H FOR INDIE, $40/H FOR PRO AND $50/H FOR OSCARADDITIONAL RENTAL GEAR PRICE-LIST
We employ a selective network of talented Cinematographers, Colorists and Editors ensuring that your work is handled by the best and most able hands at a reasonable price.
DEMOREELS & PRICING AVAILABLE BY REQUEST ONLY
RENTARED.ca does not have a storefront this allows us to keep our prices low. The address below is for pick up and drop off only. Please book ahead.
81 Navy Wharf Crt
416 471 8523